The Manifesto written in Greek:
Translation into English:
FOR THE MACEDONIAN HUMAN RIGHTS
MOVEMENT for the Human and ethnic Rights of the Macedonians of Macedonia,
In the area of Aegean-K.O.E-M.A.D THESSALONICA
We the MACEDONIANS OF MACEDONIA of the AEGEAN, organized in a massive organization with the name K.O.E-M.A.D., Central organizational Comity for the MACEDONIAN Human Rights, with our base in Thessalonica and with a network of subcommittees which represent the permanent or temporarily residence abroad MACEDONIANS in EUROPE, AMERICA, CANADA and AUSTRALIA address this DECLARATION to the Government of Greece and at the same time copies of it we send to all existing parties, to the Greek and International press, to the embassies and the consulates of foreign countries that have bases in Greece, to the International Organizations, to the Governments of the Balkan Nations and to all our sub-committees of our movement abroad.
DECLARATION OF THE DEMANDS OF MACEDONIANS OF MACEDONIA OF AEGEAN TO THE GREEK TERRITORY, FOR THE HUMAN AND ETHNIC RIGHTS.
TO THE PARLIAMENT AND GOVERNMENT OF GREECE-ATHENS
Our Organization that is named Central organizational Comity for the Macedonian Human rights of the MACEDONIANS OF MACEDONIA OF AEGEAN (K.O.E-M.A.D) based in Thessalonica submits to the Greek Government and the political parties the following demands:
1. Recognition of the fundamental human and ethnic rights and complete freedom to the Macedonians of the Aegean within today’s Greek borders.
2. The right of education to be given to the Macedonian people in their mother tongue, to organize freely educational institutions, schools, the operation of churches, educational ceremonies and activities, participation in radio television information programs and publication of books, newspapers in the Macedonian language.
3. A law to be voted in the Greek Parliament for the Free repatriation of the Macedonians abroad in their birthplace, so they can participate actively in the educational, economical and social life of their country, so they can with their talent and specialties, contribute massively in the rebuilding and progress of Greece.
4. We demand from the Greek Parliament and Government to vote in for a special law, with which it will be declared that the Macedonians have an inalienable
Right, with out any pressure, blackmail or intimidation, openly and publicly to speak their own mother language “MACEDONIAN” to express their customs, traditions and culture with speeches, books, newspapers, dances and songs.
5. To enlighten the public opinion of Greece about the inalienable right of protection of human and ethnic rights of a population, which comprise minority or majority within a Nation guarantied with UN agreement and Helsinki that these rights are kept in tacked . These declarations Greece has signed and accepted as a member of International Organizations.
6. (STAMP MAKE IT HARD TO TRANSLATE)….emand from the Government, The Greek parliament, the Political Parties and all….bodies to take measures so soon the human…are recognized of MACEDONIANS OF MACEDONIAN of the AEGEAN complete acceptance of all the above and taking of practical actions for their implementation.
Thessalonica 14 SEP 1984
The Manifesto written in Macedonian:
The Macedonians of Greece are demanding their HUMAN RIGHTS in this Manifesto that is dated September 14th 1984. It was sent to the Greek government at the time.
When will the Greek racism towards the Macedonian minority in Greece end?